PODCAST: Measuring Supplier Performance
Listen as Sherry Gordon is interviewed about measuring supplier performance by Sandra Gauvin, Editor of Current Quality.
In this interview, you will learn:
- Why you should measure supplier performance
- How to figure out what to measure
- Examples of commonly measured areas
- Why you need to use leading indicators, not just lagging indicators (with examples)
- Why supplier risk has become so critical and ways address it
- How to segment your supply base in order to decide which suppliers to measure
- Common sources and types of supplier information (e.g. scorecards, audits), along with the pros and cons
We’re sure that you’ll enjoy this informative and lively discussion. (This is a streaming audio and requires no download. Running time is 67 minutes).
Podcast: Supplier Management: Make it Strategic
Charles Dominick, President of Next Level Purchasing, a purchasing training and certification site that helps purchasing professional achieve rewarding careers, interviews Sherry Gordon in this podcast. Ms. Gordon discusses topics such as:
- How to choose the right metrics for supplier scorecards
- Examples of good and bad metrics and what should an organization do if the metrics they’d like to use aren’t readily available
- Getting beyond paper supplier surveys and Excel: some of the newer ways that technology can make supplier performance measurement easier
- Crossing the chasm between measuring performance and actually getting a supplier to improve
- he importance of having a systematic way of following up on scorecard findings
- Why it isn’t easy to reward suppliers with more business when they meet performance targets.
- How to deal with the challenge of getting sole source suppliers to improve performance